Joined Oct 21 2011
Conference gangtok Sikkim
Indian Society for Buddhist StudiesR
The Positive Philosopher
RN Pandey Pictures
The International Journal of Indic Studies
Indian society for Buddhist Studies 2012 conference
First International Conference of ISIS 2013
Dr. PARAMAMITRA SHASTRI
Working as a Research Officer, at Oriental Institute, the M. S. University of Baroda since 16th Jan. 2004. Previously worked as a Research Associate, Dept. of Buddhist Studies, University of Delhi, under UGC scheme(April 1995 to April 2001) on the project "The Doctrine of Karman in Buddhism, Jainism, Vedanta and Gandhian thought... Schooling from UP Board, Pre- University,: Aligarh Muslim University. B.A. Hons. & M.A. (Sanskrit) Hans RaJ College, University of Delhi with first Class, M. Phil. (Buddhist Studies) from University of Delhi, and Ph.D.(Sanskrit) from Ranchi University.
Work Experience: More than 25 years Research experiences including M. Phil. and Ph.D. simultaneously taught six years Buddhist Sanskrit , and Pali language and literature at post graduate level , and also taught as Guest lecturer in Maharaja Agrasen College University of Delhi.
Specialized field; Indology: Indian Philosophy,; Nyaya, Vedanta, Buddhist Philosophy, Buddhist Logic, Linguistic, and Sanskrit literature besides Manuscriptology.
1. Visited Osaka, Japan and presented a paper entitled "Buddhist Ethics and Globalization" in the First Asian Conference on Ethics, Relegion and Philosophy", 30th March 1st April 2012
2. ICANAS 2000, Visited Montreal CANADA, contributed a Research paper entitled "Theory of Negation on the basis of Pramanasamuccaya", recently published in IJBS, Sarnath VARANASI in 2010.
Attended more than 35 five National and International Seminars/conferences and read research papers therein.
Publication: About 20 research papers published in reputed Journals in Hindi, English and Sanskrit. Three in form of books one is original contribution and other two are edited.
The specialty of research work is to link ancient Indian concepts with modern science & technology. I have modern approach towards the subject matter of Indian scriptures. Presently I am working on various fields of Indology including Buddhist Philosophy at Oriental Institute of Baroda.
Extra Curricular Activities as a College/University Student:
• Participated in Inter College Debates, Extempore, and Speech completions (Hindi and Sanskrit) and won several prizes, Hans Raj College, Delhi University, during 1977 to 1982
• Volunteer, NSS and attended several camps organized by Hans Raj College, University of Delhi, India during 1977 to 1982 editor of Sanskrit Section of College Magazine, Hans Raj College, Delhi University during 1977 to 1982
• Study tour, Goa, India in 1983 organized by Dept. of Buddhist Studies, University of Delhi, India
• Study tour, Darjeeling, Gangtok, India and Nepal in 1984 organized by Dept. of Buddhist Studies, University of Delhi, India
Other activities: Academic as a Teacher/Researcher: Tour to Trissur, Kerala, 2004-5 sessions, Patna and Darbhanga, Bihar, India, 2-13 January 2008, for the verification of manuscripts and purchase of Xerox-copies of Vayupurana. We visited important institutes and libraries. We carefully went through their catalogues/lists of Manuscripts and brought Cds of mss.
• Visited Nathu La (18-09-2011), located on Top of the World, on the India-China Border, 14,150 feet above sea level along the Old Silk Route, Organized by ISBS, Jammu, India